On Air w/Soos & Other Campaign Shennanigans

DSC05005-200x200[1]

On the radio today, just two weeks before the election and I decided to take the high road and not really get too critical of any one particular candidate but….my phone has been ringing off the wall about a lot of reasons why you should not vote for some of the candidates.

High on the list are the shenanigans of none other than Charlie Wilson. If there is a way for him to break campaign laws or to push the envelope in a sleazy way or for him to press his luck with trying to get away with things that are considered to be highly unethical….well, yes, Charlie Wilson is doing it or will be doing it. I can’t decide if he does this stuff out of desperation as a candidate or if it’s just in his DNA.

Today, for example, all of the candidates, as is the custom during early voting, were hanging around the library holding up their signs. That is, most all of the candidates were holding up signs.

But, no, not the Professor of Baloney, no, not him. He came with a large three way sign, Turner, Howle and Wilson….stuck the sign in the right a way and planted his individual Charlie Wilson sign in the ground and left. Probably so he could double up at the Supervisor of Elections Office holding up the same sign or better yet maybe he planted his Troika sign and his personal sign in the ground there and headed up to Sebastian for more Shenanigans. Well, that is probably a stretch because Sebastian voters do not vote in the City of Vero Beach election.

Clever as it may sound, that practice of leaving your signs unattended is a no-no at the voting locations. Apparently it did not go over too well with a few of the sign holders who were doing it the hard way….standing all day long with their candidates signs and waving to the crowd so….a few of them  went to the poll worker and asked to have the Troika and Wilson signs removed because they were unattended. There was a bit of a tussle as to whether or not it was City or County property so that the proper code enforcement could be called and I got the word late in the day that the library and the land it sits on belongs to the county. So, County Code Enforcement said they will inform the library to have the un manned signs picked up.  So much for the Charlie Wilson advantage on that one….Ha Ha.

Next….I got some interesting information from a very reliable source that Charlie Wilson will be passing out bottles of cold water to the voters as they enter the library on Saturday. I think this is a violation of the election code. I heard there is a federal case that prohibits candidates giving away anything at an election site. If anyone out there wants to check with Leslie Swan or Gary Holland in Tallahassee they might have a copy of the case pertaining to this. If this is true, I would say that giving anything to a voter at an election site is like bribing a voter and if the Professor of Baloney really is up to making this happen on Saturday I would suggest finding out for sure what he can or cannot do in this regard. And if it is the violation that I think it might be, perhaps he could be cuffed and hauled off to jail. What a sight that would be. In fact, if that were to happen, we could always look back and say….”do you know what Charlie Wilson and Brian Heady had in common?” Just saying. Oh what a sight that would be.

And he thought he could get the last word in regarding Linda Hillman’s TOT –Turn Off Turner and ABC – Anybody But Charlie signs. Too bad Charles, Linda did not violate any laws with her signs. LOL

If it was City Code Enforcement, they would tell you that if they aren’t there to see it, its not a violation. And they can’t get there.

Michael Field on the protected list. Why??? It should be subdivided into industrial buisness sites.

I saw the signs when I voted. This must be a violation of something or other. Wilson’s problem is when you are down to no supporters and people who do not want to be associated with him he has to resort to these tactics. I do not know if this is true,but I heard Wilson ,the Vero nomad, set up a tent with water, but had to take the tent down.

What about the unattended tent he put up over the sidewalk. He is a piece of work.
    There is also someone named Gabriel Roth something or other who has all his signs in illegal places. why should we vote for someone who starts his campaign by breaking laws. It might seem like these are petty complaints but isn’t that the way things start.

Wouldn’t you say that Turner and Howle are just as much to blame for allowing him to “manhandle” their signs along with his? Just saying.

Hey everyone….I heard that the signs continue to go unmanned at the Library and guess what….It is not the job of the County to pick up signs that are un-manned…it is the job of the poll watcher. Call Leslie Swan if this continues.

The poll watchers are a bit lenient in order to allow for pottie breaks but ultimately it is their responsibility not to let this kind of thing go on. Call Leslie Swan and she probably will tell her poll workers to act accordingly.

I think the Boat Ramp people left the county meeting after the 3-2 vote because so much time had been invested in attending meetings. Some of these people in attendance actually have lives. And as far as important info about FMPA, I’m still angry that the County is suing ME (as a city resident) over the electric situation. Instead of allowing the Council to handle this matter properly, everyone wants to jump all over the City and force money and time to be spent answering Indian River Shores, County, and other miscellaneous groups on FPL/FMPA/OUC instead of resolving the problem.

• Pat Lavins says:

The boat ramp people are advocating on behalf of one of their “experts” who has already begun her campaign for 2016. Apparently when your Washington, D. C. employer has to respond to a subpeona, the organization does not want that person to return to their payroll. The failure for justice not being served in 2014 is going to do nothing but ensure the past bad practices continue.

Cathy, they all want to stick the knife into the City and twist it till it hurts because they are all pissed that the sale did not happen. In some circles, that is called “sore losers”. but what they don’t realize and don’t care is that these law suits will go nowhere except down a long and winding road that will eventually come to a very expensive dead end.

We got a piece of mail (that isn’t what I wanted to call it) in the mailbox today from good ol’ Charlie Wilson. He is probably the best propaganda person ever because he can take the truth and twist it into so many knots, it’s unrecognizable. Yes, he mentioned his tent at the library and bottled water. Is he insane to think this wouldn’t be considered campaigning? All I can say is I hope any future information that comes from him is printed on very thin, soft paper…..because there’s only one thing it’d be good for….and I’m sure you can guess what I’m thinking.

Cathy, You had me laughing out loud from your post. Yes, if Charlie thought he could get a vote from that thin paper he would probably pass it out too.

I just find it hard to believe he has any kind of a following but I can assure you that he does. He will get the vote from the bar crowd and his ardent followers too. But, think about this….Charlie Manson had followers too.

• Cathy Katrovitz says:

Very true, Bea. Manson ended up in prison along with some of those followers. We can’t seem to get rid of this Charlie. He’s like a toe fungus – hard to eliminate.

I can’t believe the people that have contributed to the new troika campaign it just came out on Inside Vero. I thought that they were smart educated people. To anyone who associates with, lets their name be linked or otherwise supports Wilson……you are a bunch ….. … …..!!!!
    This huge mailer came in the mail yesterday.
    These names include FPL, Hill Group, Hogan, Check it out.

There’s only one way to fight this big money and that is in the voting booth. City residents only.

Vote for Shupe, Old and Kramer. That is the only way to stop this outside money and influence.